South Clew Bay Nature Forum was founded in 2017, is based in Louisburgh and welcomes all who have an interest in nature to join!
Click here for info on the Spark Change Challenge – a series of workshops in Summer/Autumn 2019 on creating a sustainable community.
Our mission is to promote and encourage an active interest in the natural environment and foster positive attitudes towards biodiversity.
- We wish to assist the local community in taking a proactive approach to environmental preservation and sustainability.
- We hope to bring together an active group of people that share a common interest in the local environment and enjoy sharing fun experiences and knowledge out and about in the beautiful place we have chosen to live.
To view our projects to date, click here
Contact us: email@example.com
– Working with locals/agencies/authorities to generate interest and educate people about the local environment; different habitats and flora and fauna of the area.
– Water communities.
– Clean Coasts.
– Citizen Science programs….bird watch Ireland…..batlas…whale and dolphin group etc.
– Movie nights/guests speakers..
– Assist local organisations to generate and action plans/activities that are environmentally responsible.
– Community futures SEAI group.
– Schools….Green Schools…..
– Tidy Towns…Pollinator plan, Waste reduction, Areas for wildlife/biodiversity- Network with other environmental groups and extend the reach of environmentally responsible actions /programs initiated by them.- Westport no straws.
– Mulranny machair.